Kyoto (Japan), Aug 17 (ANI): Japanese primatologists have discovered an amazing fact about chimpanzees which showed that they are capable of understanding the rock-paper-scissors game. The Primate Research Institute at Kyoto University in Japan conducted a research that showed a chimpanzee repetitively choosing the winning hand sign in the game, in exchange for treats. The study was conducted with an aim to understand if chimpanzees could learn transverse patterns if trained in the rules of rock-paper-scissors game. In this game, paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, and scissors beats paper. The performance of the chimpanzee was similar to that of a four-year-old child though the last common ancestor of humans and chimps took more time to grasp the game than children.
- Next story Paulinho on show for Barcelona
- Previous story Here’s why Chris Hemsworth was ‘weirdly shaken’ meeting Chris Pratt for first time
- Trump to terminate arms control treaty, Russia “violated” it
- “Not satisfied” until we find answer: Trump on Khashoggi
- Australia’s O’Toole wins Timbersports world championship
- Nitin Gadkari, Devendra Fadnavis inaugurate Domestic Cruise Terminal in Mumbai
- BJP releases candidate list for Chhattisgarh Assembly elections