China elevated a key confidante of President Xi Jinping to one of the top positions in government on Monday as Beijing cracks down on riskier financing and a debt build-up that may pose systemic risks to the world’s second-largest economy. Ciara Lee reports on the challenges ahead for China’s new economic team.
- China’s new economic team faces debt & trade issues
- ‘Beating’ human heart cells help spur drug discovery
- Russian denials of British attack “increasingly absurd,” Johnson says
- At over $9,000 a piece, rare Portuguese chocolate a pricey treat
- AAP rebel leader Kapil Mishra spoke on Kejriwal apologized to Gadkari and Sibal