Guwahati (Assam), Jan 11 (ANI): On reports of sedition charges, Sahitya Akademi Awardee Hiren Gohain said that he has not received any notice from the police as of yet. “I’m surprised as I don’t think in a rally I said anything that is seditious”, said Gohain. Gohain was charged with sedition allegedly after he opposed Centre’s decision to pass the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
- Citizenship Bill: Don’t think I said anything that is seditious, says Hiren Gohain
- Committee of Administrators suspends Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul
- BJP Council Meet: Farmers aren’t voters but food providers for BJP, says Rajnath Singh
- BJP Council Meet: Everyone has bank account today because of PM Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
- Terrorists hurl grenade at CRPF platoon near Srinagar’s Lal Chowk