Chandigarh, Jan 14 (ANI): One of the best planned cities of the world and country, Chandigarh continues to attract tourists from across the globe with its charm. The union territory was a dream of first Prime Minister Jawahara Lal Nehru and it was designed by a French Architect Le Corbusier. The city is an epitome of co-existence of modernization and urbanization. Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden are few among the other major attraction in the city. The state of the art Rock Garden in Chandigarh is a unique park made of stones, recycled ceramics and industrial relics. Chandigarh is known as the first planned city in post-independence India and it was awarded as the cleanest city in 2010.
- ‘City Beautiful’ Chandigarh continues to attract tourists from around the globe
- Isreali PM Benjamin Netanyau to visit India
- Class 3 student’s ear damaged by a lady teacher’s slap in a school of Delhi
- Clashed between BJP’s MP and MLA during blanket distribution in UP
- Army provides training to unemployed youth