Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir), Jan 22 (ANI): The Lakes and Water Ways Development Authority (LAWDA) started the cleaning work of Dal Lake during winter season for the first time in Kashmir valley on Monday. They initiated a massive mission to clean the famous Dal Lake. Earlier, cleaning of Dal Lake was only done during summers. Kashmir valley which is famous all over the world and known as paradise of earth due to its natural beauty attract Lakhs of tourists every year. Lakes and Water Ways Development Authority (LAWDA) which is the concern agency for monitoring all activities of famous lake has taken this imitative. Dal Lake is fully clean ahead of tourist season from March and for that purpose hundreds of labors have been deployed who are manually dredging Dal lake weeds. Shikara riding and staying in house boats is very famous over there. Local residents and tourism trade people appreciated this step taken by LAWDA.
- Cleaning drive initiated in Dal Lake first time during winters
- Family throws infant over suspicion of being possessed by evil spirits
- India vs New Zealand: Team India practices ahead of ODI series
- Watch: BS Yeddyurappa paid last respects to Sri Shivakumara Swami
- Snowfall brings cheer to tourists in Shimla