Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Sep 06 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday inaugurated the anicut on the River Sarada at Narsapuram. The Narsapuram anicut was constructed at a cost of Rs. 17 crore to bring 3,480 acres under cultivation. The irrigation department has taken up the anicut under Narasapuram and Jampapalem by interlinking the existing two channels. The state government has taken up ‘Jala Siri Ki Harathi’, a three-day programme, in which all the water projects and bodies has been given harathi. Chief Minister Naidu started the programme by inaugurating the Narasapuram anicut. With this anicut, three villages are saved from the floods.
- Next story Will never shy away from taking big, strict actions for India’s benefit: PM Modi
- Previous story India-Myanmar relations is based on Buddhism, Business, Bollywood, Bharatnatyam and Burma teak: PM Modi
- Watch: PM Modi arrives in India, received by Sushma Swaraj
- Disillusioned with left- radical ideology, youths in Chhattisgarh surrender
- Toppers share their success mantra for cracking UPSC
- Indian mountaineer aims to scale 6 more peaks after Mount Kilimanjaro
- It Was Always A Dream To Collaborate With Karan Johar- Vicky Kaushal