Hyderabad (Telangana), July 12 (ANI): Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao on Tuesday launched the logo of first-ever ‘Telangana World Telugu Conference’ & ‘Telangana Sahitya Academy’ in the capital city Hyderabad. The Chief Minister officially released the logo during an event held at the Pragati Bhavan. Noted painter and sculptor, MV Ramana Reddy who hails from Siddipet, has designed the logo for the World Telugu Conference while another noted painter, Sri Ravishankar, did so for the Sahitya Academy. In the logo of Sahitya Academy, a swan can be seen at the center. In the place of Swan’s beak, a pen’s nib is drawn. The swan is drawn as floating on the pages of a book. On the upper side, the backdrop of the Telangana state map is drawn, and a full-grown tree is drawn on it, depicting that literature is spreading its branches wide like a full-grown tree in Telangana State. In the middle of the logo a line from Poet Palkuri Somana poem, “Sarasamai barigina jaanu telugu” is inscribed. In case of World Telugu Conference logo, the famous Kakatiya Thoranam (arch), in the middle map of the Telangana state with two giant elephants, symbols of the great Kakatiya dynasty, are drawn under the nakasi style. On the top of the logo is the state birds, Pala Pitta (Indian Roller) are drawn. The slogan “Mana Telanganamu, Telugu Maaganamu,’ is also inscribed. Several higher officials of the state government were also in attendance at the programme.
- Next story Cathedral in war-torn Aleppo reopens with a classical concert
- Previous story Thousands join funeral procession of GJM supporter Ashok Tamang
- Wall St slips after Fed hikes rates
- BCCI concerned about allegations related to cricket and not Shami’s personal life, says Rajiv Shukla
- Noida Suicide: Constable who registered FIR has been suspended, informs DIG Law and Order
- Agitated farmer destroys his crop after not getting good revenue
- Locals protest over Congress leader’s death in road accident