Amaravati (Andhra Pradesh), Dec 29 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu chaired a review meeting where he met secretaries, advisors and officials to discuss ideas regarding the upcoming state-wide festival of Janmabhoomi Maa Vooru. It is an annual affair that lasts for 10 days. Officials at the meeting presented a detailed plan to CM Naidu, which included the list of proposed activities. The programme will start from January 02 and will end on January 11, the entire state will have many programmes to increase the awareness of government initiatives. Each day will have a distinct theme, and include discussions, competitions, exhibitions and cultural programmes. On January 7, there will be a 5km run organised in every village dedicated to Janmabhoomi Maa Vooru. On January 11th, the last day, a Mega Grounding Mela will be held for the distribution of assets by the welfare department to minorities. The Mela will include the mobilising of beneficiaries and coordination with bank managers to ensure 100% grounding of all assets sanctioned, but not grounded in the last two years. The officials in charge will be the Mandal Parishad Development Officers, Municipal Commissioners and Municipal Corporation Commissioners. Scholarships, tool-kits, new ration cards, pensions and other assets will be distributed to the beneficiaries in the Mela. The Chief Minister directed the officials to create committees that will facilitate activities in the village or ward level for all the ten days. The committees will comprise of teachers, village and ward functionaries, SHG members, Health workers, Asha workers, students, field officers and participants of Sadhikara Mitra. As a part of Janmabhoomi, there was an idea proposed to rate Gram Panchayats and wards with stars, based on electricity connections, gas connections, IHHL, private tap connection, average household income, NREGA completion etc. The Chief Minister also asked the Planning department, Communications department and RTG to coordinate efficiently, so that feedback and grievances from across the state is received and recorded on a real-time basis.
- Next story Protestors voice outrage over Fujimori pardon
- Previous story India Vision Institute to distribute spectacles to Madurai Central Prison inmates, police personnel
- Austria bids farewell to winter with traditional carnival
- Saudi crown prince pledges $20 billion in investment deals for Pakistan
- Celebrities at The Launch of Ohaila Khan on Line Boutique Chantrealle
- Rekha, Deepika, Sonakshi and Shahid at Filmfare Glamour, Style Awards 2019
- Isha Koppikar Collaborates with Smile Foundation for Ramp for Champs for The Girl Child