Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Oct 15 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday attended the birth anniversary celebrations of former President A.P. J Abdul Kalam. In this programme students were felicitated with Abdul Kalam talent awards in presence of State Education Minister G. Srinivas Rao. As many as 3,991 school children and 2500 more students of intermediate, polytechnic and other higher education were given “Pratibha Puraskarams”. The CM expressed happiness over girls getting higher number of awards. Addressing the gathering at Indira Gandhi Municipal Stadium in Vijayawada, the CM said the government will take all steps to prevent students’ suicides. He further added that measures are being taken to strengthen government schools and hospitals in order to make education and medical expenses cheaper. The CM expressed concern over extra pressure being built up on children regarding education these days. He called on to create a pleasant, pressure-free and conducive atmosphere that encourages students to study. Naidu said that 15% funds in the budget are allocated to education sector and that basic infrastructure in schools will be developed with 5000 crores.
- CM Naidu felicitates students with Abdul Kalam talent awards on Missile Man’s birth anniversary
- Gabriel Medina, Carissa Moore claim wins at WSL France stop
- Nepal Parliament completes tenure, gets dissolved
- Alive snake comes out from tap of water cooler inside District Hospital
- 4 held in Australia cricket team bus attack incident