Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Oct 15 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday attended the birth anniversary celebrations of former President A.P. J Abdul Kalam. In this programme students were felicitated with Abdul Kalam talent awards in presence of State Education Minister G. Srinivas Rao. As many as 3,991 school children and 2500 more students of intermediate, polytechnic and other higher education were given “Pratibha Puraskarams”. The CM expressed happiness over girls getting higher number of awards. Addressing the gathering at Indira Gandhi Municipal Stadium in Vijayawada, the CM said the government will take all steps to prevent students’ suicides. He further added that measures are being taken to strengthen government schools and hospitals in order to make education and medical expenses cheaper. The CM expressed concern over extra pressure being built up on children regarding education these days. He called on to create a pleasant, pressure-free and conducive atmosphere that encourages students to study. Naidu said that 15% funds in the budget are allocated to education sector and that basic infrastructure in schools will be developed with 5000 crores.
- Next story 3-day culturally submerged Pahalgam festival concludes with zeal
- Previous story Gabriel Medina, Carissa Moore claim wins at WSL France stop
- Watch: Pandal catches fire during fireworks celebration of Dussehra in Kanpur
- Saudis confirm death of Khashoggi
- Amritsar tragedy: People couldn’t hear sound of approaching train due to bursting crackers, says MoS Railways Sinha
- Watch: Train runs over people celebrating Dussehra in Choura Bazar near Amritsar
- Amritsar tragedy: Navjot Singh Sidhu’s wife runs away from spot instead of helping people: Bikram Majithia