Vijayawada, Dec 13 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday took a test flight of seaplane in Krishna river. This comes a day after, Prime Minister Narendra Modi travelled from Sabarmati River in Ahmedabad to Dharoi Dam via single-engine seaplane. This test flight of the amphibian aircraft took off at Krishna River’s Punnami Ghat in Vijayawada. While addressing the crowd there, Naidu said, “Seaplane is a new concept to India. I congratulate SpiceJet for bringing it to India. I just flew on this sea plane and its takeoff and landing is smooth. SpiceJet co-founder Ajit Singh told they are ready to buy and operate 100 sea planes.” “I appeal to Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari to formulate guidelines for seaplanes quickly. As this is cost effective, less maintenance and needs small runway. That is why these sea planes should be encouraged. Sea planes are to be encouraged with tourism point of view also,” he said. Further lauding the sea plane initiative, Naidu stated, “The state has great tourist spots. It should be developed and promoted as well which can also generate employment. I invite SpiceJet to make Amaravati its hub. This is the future, and as an entrepreneur, I believe the city will flourish.” SpiceJet conducted seaplane trials in association with Japan’s Setouchi Holdings.
- Next story BJP, Congress lock horns over proposal to expedite gun licence to women
- Previous story Rosenstein downplays Republican criticism of Mueller
- Watch: BJP leader’s relatives deny money, thrash petrol pump employees
- Now, type easily with Google’s floating GBoard
- Lal Bahadur Shastri’s mantra ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’ became philosophy of my life: VP Naidu
- Century we are living in belongs to India: CM Chouhan
- By March end, 1st project of waterways in Ganga will be completed: Nitin Gadkari