Darjeeling (West Bengal), June 22 (ANI): Visitors and commuters were seen stranded at bus stands for hours as the indefinite shutdown called by Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) continued in Darjeeling on Thursday morning. The people continue to face troubles amid the prevailing crisis-like situation in the hill town. The agitated supporters of GJM are demanding formation of a separate ‘Gorkhaland’ state. They are also opposing alleged imposition of Bengali in hill town schools.
- Commuters troubled with persistent shutdown
- Naat competition held for creating awareness among young Kashmiri generation
- Govt. brands villagers ‘poor’ by writing National Food Security Act outside their houses
- Baby elephant saved by its mother in dramatic rescue at South Korean zoo
- After entering the village, the lion attacked three calves and a horse in Gujarat