Darjeeling (West Bengal), June 22 (ANI): Visitors and commuters were seen stranded at bus stands for hours as the indefinite shutdown called by Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) continued in Darjeeling on Thursday morning. The people continue to face troubles amid the prevailing crisis-like situation in the hill town. The agitated supporters of GJM are demanding formation of a separate ‘Gorkhaland’ state. They are also opposing alleged imposition of Bengali in hill town schools.
- Next story Two Actresses found Dead a Month
- Previous story Naat competition held for creating awareness among young Kashmiri generation
- Volcano eruption in Japan sparks some evacuations
- CM Naidu to start hunger strike today
- Tulip Garden in Craignano Nature Park becomes the main attraction for tourists
- Students vandalise public property after one of their friends died in road accident
- Massive landslide leaves several people homeless in Udhampur