Union minister Smriti Irani sought to put the Congress in the dock on the Bofors issue, citing claims of a private investigator involved in its probe and asked it to come clean on the involvement of its leaders in the alleged scam. Quoting from private detective Michael Hershman’s interviews to press, she said he was asked by then Finance Minister V P Singh to look into the Bofors deal but was later offered a bribe and then given death threat when he stumbled on the evidence of a bribe. Smriti Irani also said that then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi shifted Singh to the defense ministry while Hershman was also asked to implicate Singh.
- Next story Actress Payal Ghosh Celebrates Diwali With Underprivileged Kids
- Previous story Pak Violates Ceasefire At Mendhar And Balakot
- Ghaziabad building collapse: Strict action will be taken against those responsible, says VK Singh
- Ghaziabad building collapse: 1 dead, 7 rescued, informs IG Meerut (Range)
- Watch: Women protest by sitting on JCB machine during an anti-encroachment drive
- Nicole Maines to be television’s first transgender superhero
- CM Raman Singh announces Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojana