Union minister Smriti Irani sought to put the Congress in the dock on the Bofors issue, citing claims of a private investigator involved in its probe and asked it to come clean on the involvement of its leaders in the alleged scam. Quoting from private detective Michael Hershman’s interviews to press, she said he was asked by then Finance Minister V P Singh to look into the Bofors deal but was later offered a bribe and then given death threat when he stumbled on the evidence of a bribe. Smriti Irani also said that then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi shifted Singh to the defense ministry while Hershman was also asked to implicate Singh.
- Next story Actress Payal Ghosh Celebrates Diwali With Underprivileged Kids
- Previous story Pak Violates Ceasefire At Mendhar And Balakot
- Cong MLA Rajkumar Verka to lodge FIR against HS Phoolka
- CM Naidu arrives in Kolkata to meet CM Mamata Banerjee
- Kylie Jenner trying to teach Stormi new words is the most adorable thing
- PM Modi slams Congress over delay in completion of Western Peripheral Expressway
- Watch: Narrow escape! Man lies down between railway tracks to save himself