New Delhi, June 12 (ANI): The Congress party on Monday sidelined itself from the controversial statement made by party leader Sandeep Dikshit on Army Chief General Bipin Rawat, saying that the party does not support such language at all. The senior Congress leader Meem Afzal said that he don’t know why Sandeep Dikshit used such language. They have discussed this issue with him, but the party doesn’t support this for sure. Dikshit had earlier in the day stirred a controversy when he asserted that the General Rawat shouldn’t make statements like a ‘sadak ka gunda’ (a road-side goon).
- Congress sidelines itself from Sandeep Dikshit’s Army Chief remark
- U.S. earns rare point in Mexico with 1-1 draw in World Cup qualifying
- Three fishermen killed as Panama cargo ship hits boat
- ‘Colourful’ Chinese Dragon Boat festival held in Kolkata
- DOJ seeks to dismiss lawsuit against Trump over foreign payments