Rachakonda (Hyderabad), Dec 30 (ANI): The Rachakonda police have busted a religion conversion racket from Kadapa district for converting tribal kids to Christianity. A couple has been arrested and nine kids aged below 14 years have been rescued. The couple was allegedly teaching these kids about the Christian faith, under the guise of an orphanage and old age home. According to SHO of Medipally police station, a complaint was received from Child welfare Department. The couple has been charged under section 342, 370, 156 IPC and section 33, 42 of Juvenile Justice Act and section 3 of SC/ST Atrocity Act and been sent for Judicial remand.
- Next story Priti Durgam from naxalite area of Bijapur secured 33rd position in CGPSC Exam
- Previous story Thick fog envelops North India as cold wave intensifies
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Man allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants