Raigad (Odisha), July 16 (ANI): Cow smugglers assaulted a group of seven tourists near Kutruguda village in Raigad district of Odisha on Friday evening. Among them was a software engineer, B. Venketeswaran Kannan, from Hyderabad who sustained critical head injuries in the attack. 35-year-old Kannan said that they were exploring the fields when he and his friends saw a group of people herding and caning around 500 cows. When the tourists opposed the caning, cow smugglers attacked them with lathis. On Saturday, the group of tourists met Collector Guha Punam Tapas Kumar who assured them of looking into the incident. She has set up a high level committee to look into cattle smuggling. Punam has also instructed the police to arrest the smugglers involved in the attack. ASP Patitapaban Choudhury said the police are examining the mobile footage showing cow smugglers attacking the tourists.
- Next story Love how people have supported, loved me all these years: AR Rahman at IIFA 2017
- Previous story Stand-off with China will be discussed in upcoming Parliament session: Congress
- Wall St slips after Fed hikes rates
- BCCI concerned about allegations related to cricket and not Shami’s personal life, says Rajiv Shukla
- Noida Suicide: Constable who registered FIR has been suspended, informs DIG Law and Order
- Agitated farmer destroys his crop after not getting good revenue
- Locals protest over Congress leader’s death in road accident