Darjeeling (West Bengal), July 09 (ANI): Army patrolling was witnessed on the streets amid the indefinite shutdown called by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) protestors in Darjeeling, on Sunday. The situation in the region has not got any relief since last month and there have been constant reports of violence in regard of the demand of ‘Gorkhaland’ by the agitators. Yesterday, the supporters torched a Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR) Toy train station in the Sonada area.
- Darjeeling unrest: Army patrols streets as shutdown continues
- Alleging assault, college student writes letter to CM Yogi Adityanath
- Indirect taxes are considered regressive all over the world: Arun Jaitley
- Dharmendra Pradhan arrives in Istanbul to attend 22nd WPC International Conference
- It’s an honour that UNESCO declared Ahmedabad a heritage city: CM Rupani