Darjeeling (West Bengal), July 22 (ANI): There seems no halt to the indefinite shutdown led by Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) in Darjeeling as ex-servicemen of the region also joined the protest demanding for a separate state. The protesting senior citizens were seen raising slogans with full enthusiasm and they stated that they want their land and won’t take an inch of West Bengal’s land. Meanwhile, Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) also staged a similar protest and were seen waving the tricolor while raising slogans for an independent state. The shutdown in the region has been going on since June 12. Apart from demanding a separate state, the protestors are also against the West Bengal government’s decision to make Bengali compulsory language for all schools in the state.
- Darjeeling unrest: Ex-servicemen demonstrate demanding ‘Gorkhaland’
- 33 Tribal Sand Cooperative established to help tribal community: K.T. Rama Rao
- Telangana Government reduces kids burden, restricts school bags weight to 5 kg
- Unknown Assailants Thrash Cricketer Parvinder Awana
- Sunny Leone & Hubby Daniel Weber Adopt Baby Girl Name Nisha Kaur Weber