Darjeeling (West Bengal), July 22 (ANI): There seems no halt to the indefinite shutdown led by Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) in Darjeeling as ex-servicemen of the region also joined the protest demanding for a separate state. The protesting senior citizens were seen raising slogans with full enthusiasm and they stated that they want their land and won’t take an inch of West Bengal’s land. Meanwhile, Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) also staged a similar protest and were seen waving the tricolor while raising slogans for an independent state. The shutdown in the region has been going on since June 12. Apart from demanding a separate state, the protestors are also against the West Bengal government’s decision to make Bengali compulsory language for all schools in the state.
- Next story Former Union Minister Jat falls unconscious while attending Amit Shah’s programme
- Previous story 33 Tribal Sand Cooperative established to help tribal community: K.T. Rama Rao
- South Africa’s black punks rock Soweto
- Sen. Duckworth slams Trump calling him “five-deferment draft dodger”
- Turkey presses on with ‘Operation Olive Branch’
- Karni Sena workers distribute letter to theatre owners against film ‘Padmaavat’
- Bawana Fire: In all probability fire goes to be electrical origin, says DFS Director