Darjeeling (West Bengal), July (ANI): The indefinite strike called by the supporters of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) in Darjeeling entered its 32nd day on Monday. The situation in the region has not got any relief since last one month and there have been constant reports of violence in regard of the demand of ‘Gorkhaland’ by the agitators. Darjeeling is witnessing unrest after GJM announced indefinite strike to protest against the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s decision to make Bengali compulsory for all schools in the state.
- Previous story Did Rahul Gandhi criticise PM Modi on Twitter after meeting Chinese envoy, questions Vijay Chauthaiwale
- Darjeeling unrest: GJM protestors set vehicle on fire
- Did Rahul Gandhi criticise PM Modi on Twitter after meeting Chinese envoy, questions Vijay Chauthaiwale
- 7th class student commits suicide after father fails to buy him books
- Watch: Man attempts to run away with police bike, nabbed after 1km chase
- Trump lends hand to Marine whose hat blew away in wind