Darjeeling (West Bengal), July 16 (ANI): Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters on Sunday blocked the National Highway-31 in Siliguri’s Salugara demanding separate state of ‘Gorkhaland.’ The Bhojpuri Samaj and Bhojpuri Mahila Samaj actively participated and raised slogans to support their demand. The GJM shutdown has disrupted the lives of locals as the trade in the region is on halt and the people are finding it hard to meet their daily necessities. Meanwhile, Nepali singer Kumar Subba returned his ‘Sangeet Samman’ award to show his support for a separate state. GJM supporters are also protesting against the alleged imposition of Bengali language in schools.
- Darjeeling unrest: GJM supporters block NH-31 demanding separate state of ‘Gorkhaland’
- Srinagar-Jammu national highway blocked due to landslides re-opens
- Caught on cam: Cops thrash shopkeeper, threaten him with gun
- Amarnath bus accident: Death toll rises to 16
- Trump is aware of ‘no meetings with Russians’: lawyer