Darjeeling (West Bengal), July 16 (ANI): Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters on Sunday blocked the National Highway-31 in Siliguri’s Salugara demanding separate state of ‘Gorkhaland.’ The Bhojpuri Samaj and Bhojpuri Mahila Samaj actively participated and raised slogans to support their demand. The GJM shutdown has disrupted the lives of locals as the trade in the region is on halt and the people are finding it hard to meet their daily necessities. Meanwhile, Nepali singer Kumar Subba returned his ‘Sangeet Samman’ award to show his support for a separate state. GJM supporters are also protesting against the alleged imposition of Bengali language in schools.
- Next story Federer wins record eighth Wimbledon title as Cilic crumbles
- Previous story Srinagar-Jammu national highway blocked due to landslides re-opens
- President Kovind hosts banquet for Seychelles counterpart, PM Modi, EAM Swaraj in attendance
- Ben Affleck, Lindsay Shookus take relationship to next level
- Trump claims ‘a lot of progress’ in Middle East
- Any order of court, NGT will be strictly abided by: NBCC Managing Director
- I dedicate my award as tribute to Sridevi: Nawazuddin