Sevoke (West Bengal), July 25 (ANI): The indefinite strike called by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, (GJM) demanding separate statehood of Gorkhaland in West Bengal is hitting the income of several temples, including age-old Sevokeshwari Kali Mandir in Darjeeling. Large numbers of devotees from different parts of the country visit the temple but since the shutdown the numbers have dropped significantly. According to the Mandir committee’s secretary, Swapan Kumarthe, funds to run the mandir have dropped and most of the people are scared to visit due to the unrest. The Mandir committee has urged the government to resolve the issue and maintain the integrity of the nation.
- Darjeeling unrest hits age-old Sevokeshwari Kali Mandir’s income
- Peter Dundas Celebrates his Grand Return with his Own Eponymous Collection
- 1st Haj-bound batch departs from Srinagar
- Ramnath Kovind paid flowers to Mahatma Gandhi on Rajghat before taking oath
- Here’s the first look of SRK, Diplo’s music video!