New Delhi, April 21 (ANI): Delhi Commission for Women Chairperson Swati Maliwal on Saturday announced that she will end her fast on Sunday as the Union Cabinet on Saturday approved an ordinance to amend the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act to introduce the death penalty for rape of children younger than 12 years. “PM Modi listened to our demands and the demands of the country. So I have decided to end my fast at 2 pm tomorrow,” said Maliwal. She is fasting at New Delhi’s Rajghat.
- DCW chief Swati Maliwal to end fast tomorrow after Centre introduces death for child rape
- Suspect in latest Florida school shooting: ‘I shot through the door’
- Chemical weapons watchdog: inspectors have samples from Douma
- Barbara Bush lauded at funeral
- PM Modi confers awards for excellence in public administration