New Delhi, Dec 03 (ANI): Former Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat while talking to ANI said that after demonestisation it was thought that misuse of money during elections will be brought down. But it couldn’t be proved. “Compared to previous elections, there were more seizures in the same states”, said OP Rawat. “It seems political class and their financiers have no dearth of money. Money used in this manner, is generally black money. As far as black money used in elections is concerned, there was no check on it”, he added. Sunil Arora succeeded OP Rawat as CEC on Sunday.
- Previous story MDMK workers protest over TN Guv’s alleged inaction on release of Rajiv Gandhi assassination case convicts
- Demonetisation failed to stop misuse of money during elections: Former CEC OP Rawat
- MDMK workers protest over TN Guv’s alleged inaction on release of Rajiv Gandhi assassination case convicts
- Beyonce pays tribute to Nelson Mandela at Global Citizen Festival
- Amit Shah offers prayers at Sanwaliya Seth Temple
- Even next 1000 generations of Owaisi will stay on in this country: Akbaruddin Owaisi