Mansa (Punjab), Aug 25 (ANI): After Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh was found guilty in rape case by a Panchkula court on Friday, several followers took to streets and created massive destruction, injuring over 100 people. Violence broke out in Panchkula and nearby areas as supporters went on a rampage setting government buildings and media OB vans on fire. Government offices have also been vandalised. However, six army companies were deployed in the area to control the situation.
- Previous story Watch: 2 train coaches set on fire as Dera chief followers turn violent, death toll at 12
- Dera chief verdict: Over 100 injured, protesters set ablaze income tax office, buses
- Watch: 2 train coaches set on fire as Dera chief followers turn violent, death toll at 12
- Dera chief convicted: Gurmeet Ram Rahim brought to Rohtak’s Sunariya jail in helicopter
- Samsung heir sentenced to 5-year prison for corruption
- Many killed in India protests after ‘godman’ convicted of rape