Varanasi/ Kanpur/Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh), July 28 (ANI): Devotees thronged temples to offer their prayers on the occasion of Nagpanchami today. While the holy shrines echoed with mantras, devotees offered milk to snakes brought by snake charmers at the holy shrines. The festival falls on the fifth day of the bright fortnight of the lunar day in the month of ‘Shravan’ as per the Hindu calendar. It is celebrated a day or two after the Hariyali Teej. Various myths and tales are associated with the celebration of Nagpanchami. It is also believed that Lord Krishna defeated Kaliya, a black serpent on this day.
- Next story Unfortunate! 4 members of family killed after roof of their house collapsed
- Previous story Clashes kill five as Venezuelans protest vote for new congress
- GE to take $11 bln hit in Q4
- ‘The Fakeys’: Comedians turn tables on Trump’s ‘fake news’ awards
- CA officials focus on children’s health, after “heartbreaking” home discovery
- ‘Little girls don’t stay little forever’: Abuse victims confront Nassar
- Israel PM applauds Modi for upgrading India in ease of business