Varanasi/ Kanpur/Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh), July 28 (ANI): Devotees thronged temples to offer their prayers on the occasion of Nagpanchami today. While the holy shrines echoed with mantras, devotees offered milk to snakes brought by snake charmers at the holy shrines. The festival falls on the fifth day of the bright fortnight of the lunar day in the month of ‘Shravan’ as per the Hindu calendar. It is celebrated a day or two after the Hariyali Teej. Various myths and tales are associated with the celebration of Nagpanchami. It is also believed that Lord Krishna defeated Kaliya, a black serpent on this day.
- Next story Unfortunate! 4 members of family killed after roof of their house collapsed
- Previous story Clashes kill five as Venezuelans protest vote for new congress
- BSP decided to contest upcoming polls in alliance with Janta Congress Chhattisgarh: Mayawati
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre
- Kerala nun rape case: Vatican relieves Franco Mulakkal from diocese duties, protests continue
- BSF jawan killing is an extreme form of barbaric act: MEA
- Equitable thinking & development key to state’s prosperity: CM Raje