New Delhi, Jan 14 (ANI): Lakhs of devotees from across the country took a holy dip in the Ganga on the occasion of Makar Sankranti on Sunday. While praying and worshipping Goddess Durga, devotees took the holy bath in the sacred waters at the confluence of three rivers-Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati-called Triveni Sangam in Allahabad. On the other hand many devotees from neighbouring Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh as well took a holy dip at the confluence of the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal at Ganga Sagar, also known as ‘Sagardwip’. Every year, on Makar Sankranti day, an ocean of pilgrims gathers at these places to worship the Goddess.
- Devotees take dip in Ganga to mark Makar Sankranti
- Odisha ‘Mountain Man’ carves road through hills for his children to attend school
- Real life ‘Mowgli’ in Odisha spends his life around animals
- Watch: Mob thrashes man, his brothers for alleged ‘Love Jihad’
- Hong Kong police arrest man over murder of wife, son at Ritz-Carlton