Ujjain (M.P.), July 10 (ANI): Devotees in large number flocked to Mahakaleshwar temple in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain city to offer their prayers and to attend the Bhasma Aarti of Lord Shiva, on the first Monday of the holy month of ‘Saawan’. In Hinduism, worshiping lord Shiva in the month of Saawan has special significance.Giving details of the auspicious month, temple priest said people in large number throng to Mahakaleshwar temple to attend the specials prayers of Lord Shiva. People across the country are celebrating the first Monday of the holy month of ‘Saawan’ with pomp. Devotees also observe fast, known as ‘Shravan Somwar’ or ‘Sawan Somwar Vrats’ to please Lord Shiva.
- Devotees throng Mahakaleshwar temple to offer prayers on first day of ‘Saawan’
- One dead, seven missing after boat capsizes in Nagpur
- Crowd of devotees for Jalabhishek in Shiva temples on first Monday of Savan
- IOC meet in Lausanne to discuss 2024 Olympic bids
- GJM’s candle march over demand for trilateral talks in Siliguri