New Delhi, Feb 06 (ANI): Resident doctors from Delhi-AIIMS, Safdarjung Hospital, PGI-Chandigarh and Aligarh Muslim University along with several other organisations staged a protest march against the National Medical Commission Bill on Tuesday. Over 10,000 doctors staged a protest against various provisions of the Bill that seeks to replace the Medical Council of India (MCI) with a new body. The Bill was referred to the Parliamentary Select Committee, following protests by doctors from across the country. The doctors, who started their march from AIIMS were on their way to parliament when security personnel stopped them at INA.
- Doctors protest: Security personnel halt doctors at INA metro station
- CM Raje green signals beautification of Ajmeri Gate Junction
- Watch: Furious mob ablaze contractor’s vehicles after it run over two men
- Stocks, rupee weaken, bonds gain in line with global markets
- People outraged as a Kashmiri youth kidnapped in Rawalpindi