Drass (J&K), July 25 (ANI): A mass programme was organised in Jammu and Kashmir’s Drass to remember the sacrifices laid by soldiers on the occasion of ‘Kargil Diwas’ on Tuesday. While the security forces’ personnel displayed their discipline by coordinated efforts, a number of artistes gave mersmerising cultural performances, which pulled a large audience. The day has been named as ‘Kargil Diwas’ after the success of ‘Operation Vijay’ in 1999. India had regained its possession of the ‘Kargil’ after the war ended.
- Next story First-ever hostel for Northeast students on cards in JNU campus
- Previous story President Ramnath Kovind’s college hosts lunch to celebrate his success
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh