Drass (J&K), July 25 (ANI): A mass programme was organised in Jammu and Kashmir’s Drass to remember the sacrifices laid by soldiers on the occasion of ‘Kargil Diwas’ on Tuesday. While the security forces’ personnel displayed their discipline by coordinated efforts, a number of artistes gave mersmerising cultural performances, which pulled a large audience. The day has been named as ‘Kargil Diwas’ after the success of ‘Operation Vijay’ in 1999. India had regained its possession of the ‘Kargil’ after the war ended.
- Drass remembers fallen soldiers on ‘Kargil Diwas’
- President Ramnath Kovind’s college hosts lunch to celebrate his success
- Residential building collapse: 3 killed, over 30 trapped, rescue operations underway
- Poor educational facilities for youth in Gilgit-Baltistan
- Thai transgender boxer winning the fight for acceptance one round at a time