Kharagpur (West Bengal), July 10 (ANI): Kharagpur, popularly known as mini India represents the culture of whole India. The city presents a miniature of India. Here people belonging to different communities have coexisted peacefully since the time immemorial. They live together and have deep respect for each other. Here people feel a sense of unity and oneness among them. Recently, the city witnessed a spectacular example of communal harmony in which a Roja Iftar feast was organized by various members of non-Muslim communities for their Muslim brethren. The city of Kharagpur presents a unique picture of National unity and integrity through various associations or events which are being organised time to time. Here people of different religions celebrate festivals of each other with great enthusiasm. In spite of these diversities, they keep alive the message of Unity in Diversity for which India is well known. This unique feature puts the city of Kharagpur to a different level. Apart from its rich and diverse culture, Kharagpur holds a remarkable position in other aspects too, be it an educational hub for Engineering students or economic significance as it possess one of the largest industrial setup in the West Bengal.
- Students vandalise public property after one of their friends died in road accident
- Massive landslide leaves several people homeless in Udhampur
- Watch: Visuals of rapid mobility and redeployment exercise by IAF from inside helicopter
- Auto driver allegedly rapes minor, enraged locals protest on streets
- Deepika, Ranbir all set to be showstoppers for Walk of Mijwan 2018