The manager of state oil company Petroamazonas has defended Ecuador’s plans to expand exploitation of major oil reserves in one of the world’s most species-diverse rainforests. As Kate King reports, the OPEC country is seeking resources to revitalize an ailing economy, after a fall in oil prices and a major earthquake.
- Economy over environment: Ecuador defends oil grab
- Special arrangements on New Delhi station for passengers of Bihar on Chhath Puja
- Tillerson makes unannounced trip to Afghanistan
- Centre to begin dialogue on Kashmir issue, ex-IB Chief to lead talks
- Coexistence of temple, mosque creates atmosphere of religious unity