Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), Aug 15 (ANI): A full grown wild elephant died when it came in contact with high tension wire in Jharkhand’s Dhalbhumgarh forest area near Jamshedpur. Giving details of the saddening incident, Divisional Forest Officer (Dalbhum) Saba Alam Ansari said that the gap between the ground and high tension wire shortened, which led to the incident. Forest department officials followed all standard operation procedure before the tusker was buried. This is not the first tragedy which occurred due to wire shortening, as earlier a man was also electrocuted.
- Next story Watch: Beating Retreat ceremony held on 70th I-Day
- Previous story Watch: Indian Embassies across the globe mark Independence Day with fervour
- European Parliamentarians, experts lambast Pakistan for sheltering terrorists
- South Asia Newsline (Weekly programme) – Mar 16, 2018
- 67% Indian mid-size businesses hit by ransomware, says survey
- Man allegedly kills nephew’s wife with sword
- Woman kills mentally-challenged husband with help of brother-in-laws