Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), Aug 15 (ANI): A full grown wild elephant died when it came in contact with high tension wire in Jharkhand’s Dhalbhumgarh forest area near Jamshedpur. Giving details of the saddening incident, Divisional Forest Officer (Dalbhum) Saba Alam Ansari said that the gap between the ground and high tension wire shortened, which led to the incident. Forest department officials followed all standard operation procedure before the tusker was buried. This is not the first tragedy which occurred due to wire shortening, as earlier a man was also electrocuted.
- Elephant electrocuted to death in Jharkhand
- Watch: Indian Embassies across the globe mark Independence Day with fervour
- 5 laborers killed, 2 injured while loading coal in goods train, violence erupts
- Watch: Mesmerising laser show at Gateway of India to mark 70th I-Day
- Vijay Chowk illuminates with colorful lights on Independence Day