Mumbai, Jul 23 (ANI): Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and his wife Amruta Fadnavis performed the puja of Lord Vitthal at their residence in Mumbai. Fadnavis cancelled his visit to a temple in Pandharpur town in view of the proposed protest seeking reservation for the Maratha community in government jobs. The Chief Minister said that he cancelled his visit after intelligence inputs that few groups might try to create an unwelcome situation, which could even claim lives. As part of a long-standing tradition, the chief minister offers prayers at the temple dedicated to Lord Vitthal and Rukmini at Pandharpur in Solapur district, on the occasion of ‘Ashadhi Ekadashi’. Maratha groups have allegedly threatened to disrupt the religious event if their various demands, including reservation in government jobs and education, are not fulfilled by the state government.
- elephants, rampage, Sukruli bloc, creating havoc, Jumbo tuskers, elephants
- Thousands march for removal of President Ortega
- Ghaziabad building collapse: Strict action will be taken against those responsible, says VK Singh
- Ghaziabad building collapse: 1 dead, 7 rescued, informs IG Meerut (Range)
- Watch: Women protest by sitting on JCB machine during an anti-encroachment drive