Mumbai, Oct 11 (ANI): The Chief Public Relation Officers (CPRO) of Western Railway, Ravinder Bhakar, on Wednesday said that after the enquiry it has been established that the stampede, which took place at Mumbai’s Elphinstone railway station’s foot-over bridge, occurred due to false rumours of a bridge collapse. Ravinder informed that the foot-over bridge was already filled to capacity, but was later overcrowded by passengers trying to save themselves from heavy downpour, resulting in a stampede. He said the panel has also come up with few recommendations for the protection and safety of passengers. More than 20 people were killed in the stampede.
- Paddy farmers in Kashmir exult over high yield
- Elphinstone stampede occurred due to false rumours of bridge collapse: Western Railway
- Dharmendra Pradhan launches IGL smart card for cash-less transactions
- Watch: MNS workers vandalise agriculture office over farmers’ deaths
- ‘Will be a learning experience to head FTII’: Anupam Kher