Mexican Esteban Gutierrez introduced as driver for new American-owned Haas F1 team.
Esteban Gutierrez introduced as driver for new Haas F1 team
SHOWS: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (OCTOBER 30, 2015)(HAAS F1-ACCESS ALL)
1. INTERIOR SOUMAYA MUSEUM – WIDE NEWS CONFERENCE TO ANNOUNCE SIGNING OF ESTEBAN GUTIERREZ AS DRIVER FOR HAAS F1 TEAM TO BEGIN RACING IN 2016 SEASON
2. GUTIERREZ (WHO IS CURRENT FERRARI TEAM RESERVE DRIVER) HOLDING HAAS SHIRT WITH HAAS TEAM OWNER GENE HAAS
3. (SOUNDBITE)(Spanish) NEW HAAS F1 DRIVER ESTEBAN GUTIERREZ SAYING:
“I feel very grateful to Gene (Haas) who has shown faith in my potential as a driver, as I contribute, together we’ll go on to achieve many great things.”
4. (SOUNDBITE)(English) HAAS F1 TEAM OWNER GENE HAAS SAYING:
“We are very, very honored to have Esteban join our team, it’s a tremendous undertaking to race in Formula One.”
5. GUTIERREZ HOLDING UP HAAS F1 SHIRT
6. WIDE OF NEWS CONFERENCE
7. GUTIERREZ STANDING WITH GENE HAAS AND HAAS F1 TEAM PRINCIPAL GUNTHER STEINER (ON RIGHT) AND CARLOS SLIM DOMIT (ON LEFT)
STORY: Mexican Esteban Gutierrez will race for the new U.S.-owned Haas Formula One team next season after being officially appointed on Friday (October 30).
Hass said the 24-year-old Ferrari reserve driver, who raced for Sauber in 2013 and 2014, will join Frenchman Romain Grosjean in the Ferrari-powered team that makes its debut in 2016.
The news was entirely expected and seen as Formula One’s worst-kept secret.
“I feel very grateful to Gene (Haas) who has shown faith in my potential as a driver, as I contribute, together we’ll go on to achieve many great things,” Gutierrez said after being presented at Mexico City’s Soumaya Museum.