Mumbai (Maharashtra), Dec 23 (ANI): Maharashtra’s ex DGP D Sivanandan has joined hands with Dabbawalas to start a ‘Roti Bank’ to provide free food to the needy people in the city. Their prime targets are hospitals where people come from far off places and don’t have sufficient money or resources to subsist. The idea behind the concept is to collect excess food from hotels and functions and provide it to needy. People willing to give away food can easily reach the ‘Roti Bank’ through its website and app. The NGO has stainless steel vessels for clean and hygienic collection and delivery of the food through their dedicated Mumbai Roti Bank vans. They have also arranged for a refrigeration facility to maintain the quality of the food if there is any time gap between collection and delivery of the food.
- Next story Palestinians clash with Israeli security forces in Bethlehem as anti-Trump protests continue
- Previous story Ragini MMS Returns Has Some Very Bold Scenes
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh