New Delhi, Dec 25 (ANI): Facebook reportedly dropped a feature that was meant to encourage more peaceful political interaction over fears of bias allegations. A report on Engadget notes that the feature called ‘Common Ground’ was a product of over a year’s worth of discussion and study. However, the company scrapped its development after global policy chief Joel Kaplan raised objections. Common Ground would have altered News Feed rankings to boost posts that were commented, liked or shared by people across different political ideologies. It would have also downplayed comments that led to vitriolic discussions.
- Facebook dropped a feature for political discussions over fear of bias allegations
- Our govt brought the man involved in Helicopter scam back to India: PM Modi
- Indian Coast Guards operate hovercraft in Kutch
- Companies were informed about order against offering Namaz in public: Noida Police
- Kartik Aaryan is all set to make his ‘Koffee’ debut