Agra, Dec 19 (ANI): Cold storage owners dumped potato stock as farmers did not turn up to take away their produce in Agra. The production coast being high but demand being less to lower market rates is said to be the main reason for farmers not turning up. The cold storage manager Harendra Kumar said farmers are not coming to take their potato produce, as demand is less but stock was bumper. They have to clear old stock as new season is coming and repair work needs to be done. Meanwhile, most of the cold storage units operating in the district have switched off their preservation machines to save on electricity expenses.
- Next story BJP MLA sparks new controversy, calls Virat Kohli anti-national for marrying in Italy
- Previous story Student expelled for hugging girl in school
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Man allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants