Darjeeling (West Bengal), Oct 12 (ANI): A female elephant was found dead near paddy farmland at Taribari forest village in Bagdogra Gram Panchayat of Darjeeling. The elephant was first found lying in the field by villagers who immediately informed the Bagdogra forest Range officers. Villagers informed that the deceased elephant was part of a herd that regularly comes to their village from the nearby Taribari forest to take paddy crops. Ranger of Bagdogra Elephant Squad Pemba Sherpa said primary investigation indicates it to be a case of electrification. However, it will only be confirmed after post-mortem.
- Next story Farmers demand financial aid to refrain from stubble burning
- Previous story Developments made during my tenure will help Anupam Kher: Ex FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan
- Artificial Intelligence is about creating trains with brains: Piyush Goyal
- Las Vegas shooting survivor brings tears and hope to March for Our Lives
- India women’s cricket team looks to get back into T20 groove against England
- Watch: Thousands flock to Washington, D.C. for “March for Our Lives” protest
- Rahul Gandhi inaugurates Indira Canteen in Karnataka’s Kollegala