New Delhi, Apr 28 (ANI): The Maharashtra Police on Thursday registered an FIR against actress Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra in a cheating case in Thane’s Bhiwandi Police Station. The case revolves around duping a textile firm owner of Bhiwandi, MIDC Bhalotia Exports Company, Ravi Bhalotia of Rs. 24 lakh. As per a police official, the case was filed on a complaint of a textile unit owner in Bhiwandi who alleged that the couple collected the amount on his behalf but did not pay him. Raj and Shilpa have been battling legal cases on another front since ‘Best Deal TV’ temporarily suspended its services in a bid to recuperate from the effects of demonetisation. Employees of the ‘ Best Deal TV’ shopping channel have alleged that their dues haven’t been cleared yet.Raj Kundra continues to be on the board of directors with a 63 percent stake in the company along with Shilpa Shetty Kundra, had sent his resignation via email on December 15 last year. Around the same time, the employees were intimated about the company’s decision to impose a 50 percent pay cut for the months of November and December. Soon after the announcement, around 40 staffers of the 80-member team put in their papers. The shopping portal, which had discontinued advertisements and promotions soon after the suspension in December, has not kicked off the services again.
- Next story Art students build fascinating sculptures for the city
- Previous story Anti-EU UKIP election launch disrupted by protesters
- Special talk with BJP Delhi incharge Shyam Jaju on CM Kejriwal
- Watch: Canadian PM Trudeau meets Punjab CM Capt. Amarinder Singh
- PM Modi praises CM Yogi for bringing positive change in UP
- Watch: Rahul Gandhi conducts roadshow in Shillong
- Railway Station in Ayodhya will be a replica of Ram temple, says Union Minister Manoj Sinha