Mumbai, Aug 08 (ANI): Fishermen community in Mumbai celebrated the annual festival of ‘Nariyal Purnima’ to mark the beginning of new fishing season. Amid drum beats, the members of the community, also known as Kolis, took out a colourful procession with a giant replica of coconut and offered real coconuts to lord Varun, the Hindu god of water, with hope of having a good season ahead. The festival holds significance in the community, as it heralds resumption of fishing activities after a break during the monsoon.
- Next story Google fires employee who blamed lack of gender diversity on ‘biological causes’
- Previous story Kashmiri activists accuse Pakistan of calling PoK Prime Minister a ‘traitor’
- Greater Noida building collapse: Death toll reaches 9
- Watch: One terrorist killed in encounter with security forces in J&K’s Kupwara
- Google Chrome security update makes it RAM hungry
- Anupam Kher attends CISF golden jubilee celebration in Mumbai
- Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio turned down ‘Brokeback Mountain’