Kathmandu (Nepal), Apr 20 (ANI): Five prominent Madhesi parties announced their unification ahead of polls to local government bodies slated for May 14, becoming the fifth largest party in Nepal’s Parliament. The announcement was made at a function in Kathmandu, with the new party – the largest in the Madhes region – being named the Rastriya Janata Party. The five parties are Mahantha Thakur’s Tarai Madhes Loktantrik Party, Rajendra Mahato’s Sadbhawana Party, Sharat Singh Bhandari’s Rastriya Madhes Samajbadi Party, Mahendra Yadav’s Tarai Madhes Sadbhawana Party and Rajkishor Yadav’s Madhesi Janadhikar Forum- Ganatantrik. After the unification, the Madhesi leaders have claimed that the unity will give them the power to fight for their rights and intensify their protest.
- Five Madhesi parties unify to form Rastriya Janata Party
- Inventing names for Arunachal Pradesh towns doesn’t make China’s claim legal: MEA
- Palestinians and Israeli stage rallies outside Ofer prison
- Locals compete with invading birds for fish in El Salvador lake
- Trump launches trade probe targeting Chinese steel