Jalandhar (Punjab), Oct 19 (ANI): Kavita Devi, who rocked the WWE ring in her traditional Indian attire, said she fought in ‘salwar-kameez’ to stay connected with her culture. Kavita has become the first Indian woman wrestler to be signed by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). She has represented India at the 2016 South Asian Games. She has been mentored by WWE’s 2007 World Heavyweight Champion the Great Khali aka Dalip Singh Rana. The Indian wrestler recollected the time when Kavita first joined his academy for training and acknowledged her determination and achievements. Wishes poured in from across the nation hoping Kavita would keep India’s flag flying high.
- Next story BSF, Pakistani Rangers exchange sweets on Diwali festival
- Previous story Darul Uloom Deoband issues ‘fatwa’ banning Muslims from posting photos on social media
- Rahul Gandhi inaugurates Indira Canteen in Karnataka’s Kollegala
- Farmers walk barefoot for 185 km demanding complete loan waiver, suffer blisters
- Vakrangee Limited announces strategic business tie-up with Blue Dart Express
- NCC Cadets hit out at Rahul Gandhi for his ‘that kind of stuff’ remark in Karnataka
- Landmarks turn dark to conserve energy on World Earth Hour