Jalandhar (Punjab), Oct 19 (ANI): Kavita Devi, who rocked the WWE ring in her traditional Indian attire, said she fought in ‘salwar-kameez’ to stay connected with her culture. Kavita has become the first Indian woman wrestler to be signed by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). She has represented India at the 2016 South Asian Games. She has been mentored by WWE’s 2007 World Heavyweight Champion the Great Khali aka Dalip Singh Rana. The Indian wrestler recollected the time when Kavita first joined his academy for training and acknowledged her determination and achievements. Wishes poured in from across the nation hoping Kavita would keep India’s flag flying high.
- Next story BSF, Pakistani Rangers exchange sweets on Diwali festival
- Previous story Darul Uloom Deoband issues ‘fatwa’ banning Muslims from posting photos on social media
- Condition of river Yamuna worsens as Rs 460 cr cleaning project gets delayed
- Actual BJP slogan should be ‘Beti Padhao aur Beti ko BJP ke MLA se bachao’: Rahul Gandhi
- Thousands throng Kerala streets against SC’s verdict on Sabarimala
- I like Southgate and what he offers – Enrique
- At least six people killed in flash floods in southern France