New Delhi, Oct 27 (ANI): French Minister of Armed Forces Florence Parly, who is on a two day visit to India, met Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and was accorded with the guard of honor in the national capital on Friday. She is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi during her visit. She also paid tributes to fallen soldiers at the Amar Jawan Jyoti. Both the nations enjoy an exceptionally warm relationship. The French defence industry actively contributes to the ‘Make in India’ campaign in the defence sector. Indian Navy got its first conventional submarine ‘Scorpene’ with transfer technology from France. Last year, India signed a deal to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets and this has made the way for technological and industrial cooperation for the next decades to come.
- Previous story Telangana CM KCR participates in Business Advisory Committee for forthcoming session of State Legislature
- French Minister of Armed Forces Florence Parly meets Nirmala Sitharaman, accorded with guard of honor
- Telangana CM KCR participates in Business Advisory Committee for forthcoming session of State Legislature
- Senior journalist Vinod Verma arrested for allegedly blackmailing Chhattisgarh Minister
- Man dies after his scooty falls into pothole
- Confirmed! ‘Housefull 4’ to hit theatres on Diwali 2019