New Delhi, Oct 27 (ANI): French Minister of Armed Forces Florence Parly, who is on a two day visit to India, met Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and was accorded with the guard of honor in the national capital on Friday. She is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi during her visit. She also paid tributes to fallen soldiers at the Amar Jawan Jyoti. Both the nations enjoy an exceptionally warm relationship. The French defence industry actively contributes to the ‘Make in India’ campaign in the defence sector. Indian Navy got its first conventional submarine ‘Scorpene’ with transfer technology from France. Last year, India signed a deal to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets and this has made the way for technological and industrial cooperation for the next decades to come.
- Next story Mattis visits the DMZ ahead of Trump’s Asia tour
- Previous story Telangana CM KCR participates in Business Advisory Committee for forthcoming session of State Legislature
- Team Sky crossed ‘ethical line’ to enhance Wiggins performance – UK parliamentary report
- ‘The New Delhi Night Walk’: Thousands participate for women safety
- Oscars 2018: ‘Dunkirk’ wins award for Sound Editing and Sound Mixing
- Nidahas Trophy 2018: Men in blue arrive in Sri Lanka
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet