France, Mar 24 (ANI): French police killed a gunman holed up in a supermarket Friday after he took a number of people hostage. At least three people were killed in a series of incidents in southwestern France. Shots were initially fired at a group of law enforcement officers, one of whom was wounded. The gunman, named as Redouane Lakdim, a French Moroccan, then entered the supermarket in the town of Trebes reportedly screaming “Allahu Akbar, I will kill you all.” The 26-year-old Lakdim was known to police for petty crimes but they did not believe he had been radicalized. France’s prime minister confirmed they were dealing with a “terrorist act.” Over the past three years, more than 240 people have been killed in France in attacks by assailants inspired by or loyal to Islamic State, which also claimed Friday’s shooting but gave no evidence in support.
- Next story Portronics launches high capacity car charger
- Previous story BSP leader accuses BJP of foul play in RS polls
- ????? ?? ????? ??? ??? ???? ?? ????? ??
- Congress holds protest against BJP alleging involvement in MLA poaching
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend Cirque du Soleil’s ‘Totem’ premiere
- Amid Brexit deadlock, Theresa May survives no-confidence vote
- Crime Branch recovers weapons from BJP leader Dhananjay Kulkarni