New Delhi, Aug 15 (ANI): Lord Mountbatten: This very moment, the dream of a ‘Free India’ spread its wings and Bharat Mata was ‘Independent’. This was the intervening night of 14 and 15 August, 1947. Soon after the last Viceroy of British India declared her ‘free’, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru moved a resolution and since then we have been breathing ‘free’. and Pandit Nehru took over as free India’s first Prime Minister. Ever since Jawaharlal Nehru breathed his last, several leaders presided on the designated post, Narendra Modi being the 15th and incumbent. As we gear up to observe the 70th Independence Day today, let us recall memorable speeches delivered by some of the former PMs from the ramparts of Red Fort.
- Next story Taylor Swift wins groping trial against radio DJ
- Previous story Mudslide kills more than 200 in Sierra Leone
- Fiat Chrysler picks Jeep boss as new CEO
- Watch: Ranveer Singh shares dance steps with Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev at IIM Bangalore
- Assam Zoo makes special arrangements for animals amid scorching heat
- Second season of ‘Jeet Kune Do’ Federation Cup commences in Srinagar
- Alwar Lynching: Victim might have died in police custody, claims BJP MLA Dev Ahuja