New Delhi, Aug 15 (ANI): Lord Mountbatten: This very moment, the dream of a ‘Free India’ spread its wings and Bharat Mata was ‘Independent’. This was the intervening night of 14 and 15 August, 1947. Soon after the last Viceroy of British India declared her ‘free’, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru moved a resolution and since then we have been breathing ‘free’. and Pandit Nehru took over as free India’s first Prime Minister. Ever since Jawaharlal Nehru breathed his last, several leaders presided on the designated post, Narendra Modi being the 15th and incumbent. As we gear up to observe the 70th Independence Day today, let us recall memorable speeches delivered by some of the former PMs from the ramparts of Red Fort.
- Next story Taylor Swift wins groping trial against radio DJ
- Previous story Mudslide kills more than 200 in Sierra Leone
- No red tape but only red carpet for investors in UP: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- Jio to invest Rs 10,000 cr over three years in UP: Mukesh Ambani
- Potential, policy, planning and performance lead to progress: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit
- PM Modi inaugurates UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- SC stays criminal cases against Priya Prakash Varrier