New Delhi, Aug 15 (ANI): Lord Mountbatten: This very moment, the dream of a ‘Free India’ spread its wings and Bharat Mata was ‘Independent’. This was the intervening night of 14 and 15 August, 1947. Soon after the last Viceroy of British India declared her ‘free’, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru moved a resolution and since then we have been breathing ‘free’. and Pandit Nehru took over as free India’s first Prime Minister. Ever since Jawaharlal Nehru breathed his last, several leaders presided on the designated post, Narendra Modi being the 15th and incumbent. As we gear up to observe the 70th Independence Day today, let us recall memorable speeches delivered by some of the former PMs from the ramparts of Red Fort.
- Next story Taylor Swift wins groping trial against radio DJ
- Previous story Mudslide kills more than 200 in Sierra Leone
- Watch: Parts of Himachal, J and K witness heavy snowfall
- PM Modi attends award ceremony of India-Singapore Hackathon 2018
- Watch: Sonamarg SHO’s narrow escape after vehicle got stuck in avalanche in J&K’s Zoji La
- 3 bodies recovered in Ramban after being buried under debris during landslide
- Fuel prices continue to witness fall