As the rebel slave who defied his captors, Kunta Kinte, immortalised in print and on screen in “Roots”, put The Gambia on the map for historical tourism. But the island where he and other west Africans faced the horrors of being chained, branded and separated before leaving their homeland forever, is under threat from sea erosion and neglect.
- Next story Rashford scores winner but Man United suffer Ibrahimovic blow
- Previous story Eyewitness to Paris shooting describes hiding in shop
- Israel PM applauds Modi for upgrading India in ease of business
- Youth allegedly commits suicide in police custody
- Discussion with Israeli PM to benefit farmers: UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Will wait to see how central govt. utilises Haj subsidy for education, scholarship of minorities: Owaisi
- 6 houses, temple gutted in fire