New Delhi, Aug 08 (ANI): Google fired an employee who wrote an internal memo that ascribed gender inequality in the technology industry to biological differences. The 10 page documented, titled “Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber,” circulated last week. It claims women ‘prefer jobs in social or artistic areas’ while ‘more men may like coding,’ and that this split in personality was due to genetics rather than culture or societal constructs. It also states biology is why fewer women are found in leadership roles and that ‘we need to stop assuming gender pay gaps imply sexism’. It ignited a firestorm in Silicon Valley, which has been under intense scrutiny in recent months regarding its lack of diversity.
- Next story London’s underground mail rail re-opens after 14 years
- Previous story Fishermen celebrate ‘Nariyal Purnima’ to mark the beginning of new fishing season
- ‘The New Delhi Night Walk’: Thousands participate for women safety
- Oscars 2018: ‘Dunkirk’ wins award for Sound Editing and Sound Mixing
- Nidahas Trophy 2018: Men in blue arrive in Sri Lanka
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail