New Delhi, Aug 08 (ANI): Google fired an employee who wrote an internal memo that ascribed gender inequality in the technology industry to biological differences. The 10 page documented, titled “Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber,” circulated last week. It claims women ‘prefer jobs in social or artistic areas’ while ‘more men may like coding,’ and that this split in personality was due to genetics rather than culture or societal constructs. It also states biology is why fewer women are found in leadership roles and that ‘we need to stop assuming gender pay gaps imply sexism’. It ignited a firestorm in Silicon Valley, which has been under intense scrutiny in recent months regarding its lack of diversity.
- Google fires employee who blamed lack of gender diversity on ‘biological causes’
- Fishermen celebrate ‘Nariyal Purnima’ to mark the beginning of new fishing season
- Kashmiri activists accuse Pakistan of calling PoK Prime Minister a ‘traitor’
- Czech pig farm at ex-Nazi camp site to close
- Congo: currency, inflation add to political woes