Darjeeling, June 19 (ANI): The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway which operates the famous toy train service has been cancelled for the eighth consecutive day following the indefinite strike called by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM).The shutdown’s effect could be observed on the streets and markets of the hill town that has been boiling with frequent clashes. Thousands of tourists and visitors have begun moving out of town. The toy train was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO. The two versions of the toy train -steam and diesel runs between Siliguri and Darjeeling.
- Previous story In Kanpur and Haridwar, Cricket fans angry from India’s defeat from Pakistan in Champions Trophy
- Gorkha Janmukti Morcha strike halts toy train services
- In Kanpur and Haridwar, Cricket fans angry from India’s defeat from Pakistan in Champions Trophy
- Watch: Rain lashes parts of national capital
- Watch: Baba Ramdev performs yoga with thousands of people
- CM Yogi Adityanath, Governor Ram Naik inspect preparations ahead of International Yoga Day