New Delhi, Aug 15 (ANI): After six days in court, the jury in the Taylor Swift groping trial ruled in favour of the singer and determined that fired Denver DJ David Mueller assaulted the pop star by grabbing her backside during a backstage meet-and-greet. It also called Mueller’s since-dismissed lawsuit against Swift “shameful and cowardly,” later referencing the $1 she requested in punitive damages in her countersuit claim. The 27-year-old released the following statement to E! Online immediately after news of her legal victory broke. “I want to thank Judge William J. Martinez and the jury for their careful consideration, my attorneys Doug Baldridge, Danielle Foley, Jay Schaudies and Katie Wright for fighting for me and anyone who feels silenced by a sexual assault, and especially anyone who offered their support throughout this four-year ordeal and two-year long trial process.” The ‘Fearless’ singer continued, “I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this. My hope is to help those whose voices should also be heard. Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves.” The incident occurred in 2013 during a Denver stopover on the singer’s Red tour.
- Next story ‘Free’ India turns 70: BSF soldiers present sweets to Pakistani rangers on I-Day
- Previous story Wall Street surges, recovers from last week’s sell-off
- Leaders come together for all party meet before Winter session in Parliament
- Deepika stuns in red at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding function
- BJP alleges Priyanka, Rahul Gandhi rented out farmhouse to scamster
- Re-polling underway for Karanpur assembly constituency in Rajasthan
- Rajasthan assembly elections: Congress is hopeful of getting full majority, says Sachin Pilot