Surat (Gujarat), Oct 17 (ANI): The imposition of Goods and Services Tax (GST) has taken sparkle out of the markets as firecracker sellers are recording a decline in demand post GST. Markets which used to be flooded with new types of crackers have fewer new items to offer as the traders are cautious and very selective after the implementation of new tax system. It seems that people want to spend less this time.
- Previous story Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation staff begins indefinite strike demanding salary hike
- GST takes sparkle out of firecrackers market ahead of festival of lights
- Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation staff begins indefinite strike demanding salary hike
- PM Modi dedicates 1st-ever All India Institute of Ayurveda to nation
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau sends Diwali greetings
- Jewellers suffer as GST hits jewellery sales hard